Depending on which model you have, it should take between 3 and 22 hours to fully charge the brush. If this hasn’t been your experience, there are a few things you can try.
• For some toothbrushes you will need to charge the brush completely before use, when you plug it in, it can take up to 10 minutes before the charging light will start to flash.
• First thing to do is check that the power outlet you are using is working as it should. If it’s attached to a bathroom cabinet, for example, the light switch on the cabinet may need to be switched on to power the socket.
• Make sure you are not charging the toothbrush on a metal surface. The metal can interfere with the charging process.
• With our Vitality, Kids toothbrushes & PRO 600 toothbrushes (labelled ‘Type: 3709, 3710 or 3756’ on the underside of the toothbrush), it can sometimes be difficult to know when they’re correctly switched off. If they’re switched on while charging, they won’t charge correctly. The best thing to do is to put it on the charger for 30 minutes or so, and then try to switch it on. If it switches on that’s great, and it was correctly switched off while charging. However if it doesn’t switch on, that might mean that it wasn’t switched off during charging.
• Be sure you’re charging for the full time noted in the manual. For iO 7/8/9 it takes 3 hours. For iO 6, Genius and Smart range and Pro 3 it takes 12 hours. For our Vitality toothbrushes, that’s 16 hours. For the other brushes, they should be charged for 22 hours.
• All our toothbrushes apart from the Vitality and PRO have a charging light. It should blink green during charging. Note that this can take up to 15 minutes to start happening if the toothbrush was entirely drained of battery during brushing. When charging is complete, the blinking should stop.
If these tips do not help, and you still are not getting the full usage time from your toothbrush, you can make use of the two-year manufacturer’s warranty on your Oral-B toothbrush. To do this, head over to our Online Repair Service. You’ll be able to enter your details, and the details of the toothbrush, to get your toothbrush booked in for repair. You’ll then be sent a pre-paid, pre-addressed shipping label, and a tracking number you can use to keep track of your repair. Note that you’ll need a copy of your receipt to arrange this.