How do I connect my new Oral-B electric toothbrush to the app?
If you’re having an issue connecting your Oral-B electric toothbrush to the app, you may have to update to the latest version of the Oral-B app. You can manually update to version 8.x by going to the Google Play Store or iOS App Store.
Follow these simple steps to automatically connect your Oral-B toothbrush to the app via Bluetooth:
- Make sure your device has Bluetooth enabled* and is compatible with the app
- Open up your Oral-B app
- Follow in-app instructions as it guides you through the Bluetooth pairing process
- Make sure your handle is removed from its charging base
- Press the mode or power button on your electric toothbrush once to activate Bluetooth
- Continue to follow the in-app instructions You will receive a confirmation message once your handle is successfully connected to the app
*Your smartphone must support Bluetooth 4.0 (or higher) to pair with your handle. If pairing a Genius X or iO handle, your smartphone must support Bluetooth 4.2
Follow the steps below to manually reconnect or add your new Oral-B electric toothbrush to the latest Oral-B app:
- Make sure your device has Bluetooth enabled and is compatible with the app
- Open up your Oral-B app and navigate to the “MORE’ screen
- Select the “YOUR BRUSH” option from the menu
- Tap “CONNECT NEW BRUSH” at the bottom of the screen
- Select “YES” when prompted to connect your toothbrush
- Tap “START” on the welcome screen
- Press the power button on your electric toothbrush once to activate Bluetooth
- The app will let you know when your electric toothbrush has been located
- You can turn off your electric toothbrush after it has successfully connected to the app
It is possible that a previously established connection may break or freeze. In this case, follow these simple troubleshooting tips:
- Turn off Bluetooth on your smartphone and activate again
- The connection should be re-established once this occurs, if not then:
- Power off your phone completely and reboot
- Reactivate Bluetooth and your phone to successfully reconnect
If you’re still experiencing connectivity issues, please contact Customer Support at 1-800-56-ORALB (1-800-566-7252) for further assistance.
Once you’ve successfully paired your Oral-B rechargeable toothbrush with the Oral-B app, your toothbrush will be recognized by the Oral-B App whenever your brush is used, and your Oral-B app is running nearby.
Follow these tips when brushing with the Oral-B App:
- Ensure your Bluetooth is always activated on your smartphone to get the most of your app’s features
- Keep your smartphone in close proximity (within 5 m/16 ft.) when brushing
- Always keep your smartphone safely positioned in a dry place when brushing
Note: You do not need to ‘pair’ your Oral-B electric toothbrush with your phone, like you do with some other Bluetooth devices. Attempting to do so will ask you for a 4-digit PIN, and this is not needed. Instead, just have Bluetooth active on the phone and toothbrush, open the App, and switch the toothbrush on.