Can I use my Oral-B electric toothbrush charger abroad and outside of Europe?

Our Oral-B iO electric toothbrushes come with a multi-voltage charger and can be used in all regions. All other Oral-B electric toothbrushes come with a region specific battery chargers. To use them abroad you may need a voltage converter, plug adapter, or both as it depends on the country you are traveling to.

Follow these simple steps to find out if you can use your toothbrush abroad:

  1. Check the voltage printed on the base of your charger.
  2. Check the voltage of the country you are travelling to.
  3. Check the table below to find out if you need a voltage converter.

Printed on base

What is a plug adapter? A plug adapter allows a dual-voltage appliance from one country to be plugged into the wall outlet of another country. They do not convert electricity.

What is a voltage converter? A voltage converter is an electric power conversion device used to change the electrical output of a power source. You can find plug adapters & voltage converters at most electronics or travel stores. Oral-B does not make either.

Are you travelling from Europe to the USA/Canada? You need to use an Oral-B 110v charger which can be bought locally. Be aware that the plug style may be different in other countries. In case you visit a country that has a different plug style, like USA/Canada, we recommend purchasing a plug adapter.

Are you travelling from the USA/Canada to Europe? If your charger is a USA 110v you can purchase an Oral-B 220v charger which can be used overseas, instead of using a voltage converter. The charger will work in most European countries that have the two round plug ends. We also recommend purchasing a plug adapter in case you visit a country that has a different plug style such as the UK.

Helpful links: