Depending on which model you have, it should take between 14 and 22 hours to fully charge the brush, and then the juice should last for between 5 and 12 days of brushes (when brushing twice a day, for 2 minutes each time). If this hasn’t been your experience, there are a few things you can try.
- First thing to do is check that the power outlet you are using is working as it should. If it’s attached to a bathroom cabinet, for example, the light switch on the cabinet may need to be switched on to power the socket.
- Make sure you are not charging the toothbrush on a metal surface. The metal can interfere with the charging process.
- With our Vitality and PRO 500 toothbrushes (labelled ‘Type: 3709’ on the underside of the toothbrush), it can sometimes be difficult to know when they’re correctly switched off. If they’re on the charger while switched on, they won’t charge correctly. The best thing to do is to put it on the charger for 30 minutes or so, and then try to switch it on. If it switches on, that’s great, and it was correctly switched off while charging. However, if doesn’t switch on, that might mean that it wasn’t switched off during charging.
- Be sure you’re charging for the full time noted in the manual. For our Vitality and PRO 500 toothbrushes, that’s 16 hours. For the Genius range (labelled ‘Type: 3765’ on the underside of the handle), that’s 14 hours. For all other toothbrushes, they should be charged for 22 hours.
- All our toothbrushes apart from the Vitality and PRO 500 have a charging light. It should blink green during charging. Note that this can take up to 15 minutes to start happening if the toothbrush was entirely drained of battery during brushing. When charging is complete, the blinking should stop.
If none of these tips help, and you still are not getting the full usage time from your toothbrush, you make use of the two-year manufacturer’s warranty on your Oral-B toothbrush. To do this, head over to our Online Repair Service. You’ll be able to enter your details, and the details of the toothbrush, to get your toothbrush booked in for repair. You’ll then be sent a pre-paid, pre-addressed shipping label, and a tracking number you can use to keep track of your repair. Note that you’ll need a copy of your receipt to arrange this.
If you’ve had the toothbrush for longer than two years, it’ll be out of warranty. However, our Service Centers may still be able to help. We would recommend contacting them by phone or email before sending in your toothbrush, as they’ll be able to advise you what the best course of action will be.
If you need any more help with this, please get in touch by emailing us on our website..