The best way to have clean teeth is to visit a dentist for professional cleaning and follow a regular oral health routine of twice-daily flossing and brushing your teeth. Read on for more tips on the best way to clean teeth.
How to clean your teeth properly
You can achieve and maintain clean teeth easily if you have the right tools and technique for brushing your teeth.
- Tools for clean teeth - Clean teeth start with the right toothbrush. Manual toothbrushes with criss-cross (angled) bristles are very effective at removing dental plaque.
- Technique for clean teeth -You can maximize clean teeth by using the most effective techniques for teeth brushing. Hold your toothbrush at approximately a 45-degree angle to the teeth you are brushing. Use small strokes and brush your teeth in sections. Don’t forget to go all the way behind your last tooth on each side.
- Maintain clean teeth - Keep these other tips in mind to maintain clean teeth.
- Rinse away teeth stains - If you can’t brush your teeth after consuming food or beverages that may stain your teeth, preserve clean teeth by rinsing your mouth with water or a dental rinse.
- Quit smoking - Smoking is one of the top factors that undermines clean teeth.