Dentists recommend electric toothbrushes as one of the best ways to improve your oral health. Understanding the options available is an important part of choosing the best electric toothbrush for you.
When it comes to choosing an electric toothbrush, the most important factor is of course the degree of clean. While most electric toothbrushes provide a better clean than manual brushes, some electric toothbrushes’ technology is better than others.*
3D cleaning action technology vs. sonic technology
There are two primary types of electric toothbrushes to select from; Sonic Technology and 3D Cleaning Action technology. Understanding the differences between these technologies is important to finding the perfect toothbrush that fits your needs. Consider the following data in support of 3D Cleaning Action technology:
- Removes 22% more plaque.
- Removes 33% more plaque in hard to reach places.
- 32% better at improving gum health.
- While they both provide a better clean than a manual brush, Sonic Technology only vibrates, delivering much less brush head movement than you’d expect. Oral-B electric toothbrushes have unique 3D Cleaning Action technology, which pulsates to breakup plaque, then rotates to sweep it away. 3D Cleaning Action removes more plaque, reducing gingivitis and delivering overall better oral health results.
Learn more about 3D Cleaning Action Vs. Sonic Technology >
How to select the right electric toothbrush for you
At Oral-B, we understand that no two mouths are alike. We want to learn about your dental needs and offer products that will best improve your cleaning experience. Our most advanced models provide a variety of brushing techniques. They monitor and track your performance, then give instant feedback from the handle. These models also include Bluetooth connectivity to link your brush and mobile app, generating key performance stats.
Consider these features:
- Unique round brush head is inspired by a dentist tool, which rotates to break up more plaque than an ordinary toothbrush.
- 3D Cleaning Action breaks up plaque, rotates, and sweeps it away.
- Up to 48,800 brush movements/second vs 600 with a manual brush.
- In an independent historical review, only Oral-B was shown to be more effective than a manual brush, removing 100% more plaque.
- Oral-B improves your brushing behaviours over time with customizable settings.
- A travel case, giving you the opportunity to always have a superior clean with you.
Learn more on how to select the right Electric Toothbrush >
When it comes to choosing the best electric toothbrush, it can seem a little confusing. Once you decide what’s most important—whether it’s Bluetooth® connectivity or the number of brush modes your toothbrush has—it’s easy to find the right fit. Plus, Oral-B® is the #1 brand used by dentists themselves worldwide. No matter which brush you choose, you can expect a quality clean every time you brush.
Check out the chart below to compare our Oral-B Electric Toothbrushes and find the one that best meets your needs.
Want to compare the pricing for each brush? Find more information about each Oral-B Electric Toothbrush.
Looking for an electric toothbrush for your kids?
Oral-B offers a number of electric toothbrushes specifically designed for children of all ages. Oral-B is the #1 dentist-recommended toothbrush brand worldwide.
Make brushing even more fun for your kids by downloading the Disney Magic Timer app by Oral-B. 90% of kids brush longer when using the app for a healthier mouth. In 9 months since its launch, the Disney Magic Timer App surpassed the one million downloads mark.
Learn more about Kids Electric Toothbrushes >
Electric toothbrush reviews
Oral-B’s superior electric toothbrushes have received recognition and praise from dental professionals and consumer reports worldwide. Be sure to also check out reviews and ratings from other consumers just like you.
When choosing the best electric toothbrush, choose an Oral-B electric toothbrush to achieve your best results.
”This product is very easy to use, makes brushing fun and easy. My teeth have felt cleaner and smoother with this product.”
– Dr. M. Johnson