Removing plaque on a daily basis lessens your chances of tartar buildup and experiencing more serious dental problems such as cavities, gingivitis, and bad breath. Healthy dental habits, such as brushing for two minutes twice daily and flossing after every brush, can help you prevent the harmful effects of plaque buildup. If you have kids, remember: It’s never too early to help them learn good oral care.
Power Up Your Smile
Manual brushes can be effective. But Oral-B® Electric Toothbrushes make it even easier to brush the dentist-recommended two minutes and remove 100% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush.
This easy routine, along with using Oral-B Electric Toothbrushes, can help ensure you’ll keep your mouth healthy for a long time to come.
- Dental professionals recommend brushing your teeth for two minutes, twice a day. That means each quadrant of your mouth gets 30 seconds of brush time.
- The Oral-B in-handle timer pulses every 30 seconds to let you know when it’s time to switch quadrants.
- As you’re brushing, make sure to hit all areas of the tooth. Some people find that they get the best clean going tooth by tooth.
- When you’re finished brushing in each quadrant, be sure to brush your tongue to remove odor-causing bacteria. Then turn the electric toothbrush off while the brush is still in your mouth.
- Rinse your bristles and place the brush handle upright on your countertop to let them air dry.
Watch the Step-By-Step Routine